Consumption Week 38
My notes from some of the media I consumed this week.
Tags: Mushrooms, Fungi, Mycelium, Sustainability
- Roughly half of this pollution comes from burning fossil fuels to heat an oven, known as a kiln, to extremely high temperatures. The other half is generated by a chemical reaction that occurs within the limestone, a core ingredient in traditional cement, inside this hot kiln. Sublime’s technology eliminates both of these sources of pollution. The company employs a specialized electrical process capable of creating cement from certain types of rocks and industrial waste without releasing any harmful emissions or requiring the use of fossil fuels.
Tags: Concrete, Emissions
- 3D ocean farming: high yield, little freshwater consumption, positive environmental impact, low cost
Tags: Oceans, Agriculture, Seafood, Food, Environment, Sustainability, Carbon Storage
- Race the rulebook, not the competition. Changing valve and port angles, using larger camshafts and valves, and optimizing airflow.
Tags: Cars, Motorsport, Innovation, Creativity
- Always have a “Honey, I’m home!” attitude, for everything
- Enthusiasm → belief → action → results
- Good stories: intention, obstacle, stakes
- Is something stupid/wasteful/unethical, or are you just jealous? e.g. personal chef
Tags: Attitude, Mindset, Success, Storytelling, Communication
- Tags: London, Transport, Fun, Etymology
- Tags: London, Etymology